Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Me and My Camera Phone

I still remember that day when I went to Poland with my gang of friends and on the way back, I misplaced my camera phone somewhere. I realised it only when I had to make an urgent call to the hostel warden. Since there was a power cut, I groped about my phone in the dark hostel room but in vain.

Someone knocked on the door and on opening the door; I encountered Sister Rosalind, my hostel warden. To my great surprise Sister handed me over the phone that I had forgotten somewhere in the Assembly Hall. The sight of the phone in her hand was the most unexpected thing for me. In the fraction of a second all my fears went out of the window as I felt relieved and overjoyed to receive it back.

My camera phone is no ordinary phone by any standards. This phone is extremely special to me. My Sony Ericsson K530i is a GSM-enabled camera phone. This phone was the one thing I wanted from the day it was first introduced in the market. My camera phone is studded full of smart digital functionalities that I find immensely useful. You must be wondering what makes this phone so special and what made me settle for this one as against the other mobile phones that are available in the modern day market.

Well, for starters, I liked this phone because of its stunning looks. My Sony Ericsson camera phone has a compact design with the dimensions of 102 x 46 x 14 mm and a light weight of 92 grams. This feature makes it extremely easy for me to carry it around to any place. The other distinguishing feature of my camera phone is its 2.5 x zoom that enables me to focus closely on the subject. In my holidays I go to picnic spots, click pictures. These pictures get stored in the phone's 16 MB shared memory. From day one of its arrival in my life, I have indulged in hour of photo clicking and video shooting. What's even better is the phone photo delete option that helps me delete unwanted photos.

Since I am into blogging my phone's WAP browser enables me to access the Internet in both the xHTML and the HTML (NetFront) formats. Then again the phone helps me to collect RSS feeds and share the photos with the help of the messaging services. I can also send picture images from my camera phone's memory on to my blog site. My family gets to see me in the video footage recordings that I shoot with the help of this camera phone.

No comments: